Website guides dairy farmers to support and advice.
Agriculture Victoria is working with a number of organisations to support dairy farmers through the current challenging economic and seasonal conditions.
Increased support is being provided to help farmers make decisions, including through:
- Dairy Australia’s Tactics for Tight Times and Taking Stock programs, which provide specialist one-to-one farm business support.
- The Rural Financial Counselling Service, which provides free financial counselling to farmers experiencing financial hardship.
Increased support is also focusing on ensuring the health and wellbeing of farmers and communities, including through:
- The Look Over the Farm Gate program, which is providing extra community wellbeing workshops and community events.
- Mental Health First Aid Training, which is giving the community valuable information about mental health issues and where to get help for themselves, their friends or family.
- Lifeline on 131 114
- beyondblue on 1300 224 636
For more information about the support that is available, phone 136 186 or visit www.dairyfarmercentral.com.au